Thursday 11 September 2014

Politics Policies.

National:

Good: Boost defence spending by $535 million over four years from Budget 2014.
I think this is a good policy because it takes a lot of crime off the streets if the police are better equipped.

Bad: Maintain the Racing Safety Development Fund – giving $1 million a year to race clubs around the country.
It's a HUGE waste of money compared to giving it to schools.

Affecting me: 
Encourage neighbouring schools working in densely populated areas to work together to share facilities, infrastructure, and capacity.
This affects me because other schools might use our facilities. 

Labour:

Good: Labour will give our kids more one on one time with their teachers by reducing class sizes.
I think this is good because it gives kids more chance to have 1 on 1 time with teachers to help with learning.

Bad: Make GP visits and prescriptions free for people aged 65 and older.
I think this is bad because Retired people usually have a lot of money

Affecting me: Commit $183 million to a comprehensive Youth Employment Package to ensure all New Zealanders under the age of 20 are in work, education or training.
This affects me because it will help me get a job and good education easier.

Internet Mana:

Good: Internet MANA will introduce a government-funded breakfast and lunch programme into low decile schools to ensure all children are fed and able to learn each school day.
I think this is a good policy because it will ensure that poor children will have a focused day at school, learn and have a proper meal everyday.

Bad: Internet MANA would work to stabilise hours of work and increase the minimum wage from the $14.25 an hour at present to the living wage, currently $18.80.
This policy is good because people will get more money but it's bad because it will shut businesses down because they're paying to much to their employees. 

Affecting me: Internet MANA will invest $50 million over 5 years to give Internet access to all New Zealanders who can’t otherwise afford it. A further $200 million over 5 years will fund community-led investment in improving Internet access for households outside the main cities.
This will affect me because it will help all my friends, family and I get internet for work, which will help out a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment